Hargeisa Institute of Health Sciences (HIOHS) Job Vacancies
Nursing Clinical Instructor/lecturer (12 months) & Consultant in Nursing Curricula (6 weeks) vacancies
The Hargeisa Institute of Health Sciences (HIOHS) and Somaliland Nursing and Midwifery Association (SLNMA) have two vacancies for nurse educationalists with significant overseas experience to contribute to a programme of work being implemented to enhance nursing education within Somaliland.
Reporting to the Head Nurse Tutor of the HIOHS'. the postholder will be based in Hargeisa, the capital of Somaliland.
• A recognised professional nurse or midwifery qualification
• A minimum of three years recent experience within a relevant training environment
• Evidence of teaching skills e.g. Certificate Ed, PGCE, or extensive teaching
• Education to degree level in a related subject area
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent English language skills - both oral and written
• Ability to use the clinical supervision process effectively
• Ability to identify and use opportunities for self-development
• Commitment to the values of equal opportunities
• Ability to use I.T. skills, including power point
Consultant in Nursing Curricula and Examination
Reporting to the SLNMA & the Ministry of Health and Labour".
• Contribute to a review of the two curricula currently being used
• Consult with each training institution to understand their examinations processes
• Provide technical support to a working group that will review and update the
curricula currently being used for basic nurse training
• Support the drafting of a revised competency based curricula.
To apply, please send a CV and a one page covering letter to Rachael Coker, THET, 1 Wimpole Street, London. Wl G OAE or by email to rachael @ thet.org.
For full job descriptions please visit www.thet.org. Closing date for both applications is Monday the 20th October 2008.